Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Royal family wishes Prince Harry happy 40th birthday on social media

Published

on

 

The royal family has delivered a small peace offering in its rift with the Duke of Sussex by wishing Prince Harry happy birthday for the first time in three years.

 

 

In a post on X, the royal family shared a photograph of a smiling Harry, to mark his 40th birthday, complete with a cake emoji. The message said: “Wishing The Duke of Sussex a very happy 40th birthday today!”

It is the first time the royal family has shared such a public birthday greeting to Harry since 2021, the year the Sussexes accused unnamed royals of animosity and racism in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Harry is celebrating his birthday on Sunday at his California home with Meghan and their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, before reportedly heading away for a gathering with close friends.
Harry, who stepped down as a working royal in 2020, remains estranged from his brother, William, the Prince of Wales, and has a strained relationship with his father, King Charles.

Last February, Harry flew to the UK to see his father after the king’s cancer diagnosis. But the meeting was kept to just 45 minutes, and there was no meeting with his brother.

He travelled to London again in May to celebrate a decade of his Invictus Games and attended a service at St Paul’s Cathedral but did not meet up with his brother or father.

There was also a brief return to the UK in August for the funeral of his uncle Lord Fellowes, when he stayed at Althorp, the ancestral home of his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales. He reportedly had no interaction with William at the church service.

The duke continues to pursue legal cases against tabloid newspapers over allegations of phone hacking and unlawful information-gathering, in a battle he believes has annoyed his family. In his memoir, Spare, he wrote of what he saw as the royal family’s connivance with the media through alleged leaking, believing himself to be collateral damage.
In July, Harry told an ITV documentary that his determination to fight the tabloids over allegations of phone hacking was a “central piece” in destroying his relationship with his family.

And a separate legal battle with the Home Office over his security while in the UK is reported to have “frustrated” the king.
Harry lost a high court challenge against the Home Office in February over a decision to change the level of his personal security when he visits the UK, but he has been given leave to appeal.

During the case, the court was told Harry believes his children cannot “feel at home” in the UK if it is “not possible to keep them safe” there and that he faces a greater risk than his late mother, with “additional layers of racism and extremism”.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NFL3 minutes ago

5 HOURS AGO! William and Kate bowed their heads before the press, announcing IMPORTANT news that happened last night but had been hidden: ‘I’m very sorry, Louis…’”— (Full Details Below⤵️)

NFL2 hours ago

Travis Kelce’s Ex Kayla Nicole Drops Cryptic Message Following Taylor Swift Engagement Bombshell⤵️

NFL4 hours ago

Social Media Detectives Noticed A Major Bodily-Change That Taylor Swift Has Suddenly Made Since Getting Engaged To Travis Kelce [VIDEO⤵️]

NFL6 hours ago

🔥TAYLOR SWIFT’S MANAGER REVEALS SHOCKING DEAL!!! Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce signed a prenuptial agreement to protect their $1.6 billion fortune as Travis Kelce’s engagement turns into a huge scandal!!! See more here⤵️

NFL16 hours ago

Breaking News:Hand in Hand, Hearts in Sync —”Taylor Swift & Travis Kelce Turn Heads on Lavish Post-Engagement Date Night — Candlelit Dinner, Diamond Sparkle, and PDA That Screamed ‘Power Couple Goals’! 💍…. watch video ⤵️

NFL18 hours ago

NFL SHOCK: Superstar Patrick Mahomes brutally attacked just 15 minutes ago and hospitalized in critical condition for reason….— Entire league in panic as his future is threatened….. Watch Video ⤵️

ROYAL FAMILY19 hours ago

ROYAL SHOCK: Queen Camilla has been officially banned from Buckingham Palace after King Charles uncovered a long-hidden affair and the mysterious disappearance of Diana’s treasured heirlooms, a chain of scandals now driving the monarchy into an unprecedented crisis and sending shockwaves across the nation, but one secret decision Charles made immediately afterward has left the royal family utterly stunned into silence…..— full details below⤵️

NFL20 hours ago

New Name Revealed NFL Fans Believe Travis Kelce Will Change His Name When Chiefs Star Marries Taylor Swift After Romantic Proposal….See more ⤵️

ROYAL FAMILY1 day ago

“‘Son, don’t be afraid…’ — Meghan Markle panicked after an intruder broke into their U.S. mansion. She urgently phoned King Charles, begging for help. The Palace moved to silence the story, banning the press from reporting. Through the crackling line came her desperate scream: ‘Oh, my husband Harry…’” SEE MORE BELOW ⤵️

NFL1 day ago

Breaking News:Andy Reid to Cut Ties With 2 Chiefs Players for Patrick Mahomes After Giving Up on QB….See more ⤵️

NFL2 days ago

At every table, these stars will save you a seat.💖 Who would you want to sit with at Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s wedding?

NFL2 days ago

🐿️ Travis Kelce’s Ex Kayla Nicole STRIKES BACK 😱 Drops Her Own Family Bombshell the Same Day He Gets Engaged to Taylor Swift 💔 Fans Gasp as Timing Sparks Shade, Speculation, and a Drama-Filled Twist Worthy of Reality TV ⚡ Talk about stealing thunder! Just as the world was buzzing over Kelce’s engagement to pop royalty, Kayla Nicole flipped the script with a surprise family announcement of her own. Was it coincidence, subtle shade, or a perfectly timed mic drop? Either way, the internet lit up, fans screamed, and the love triangle drama got juicier than any NFL halftime show👇

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin