Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Prince Harry’s life is rumored to be in turmoil following claims from a DNA test that Archie might not be his biological son. (video) – Full video below๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

Published

on

 

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry want to make the online world a better place.

 

 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex sat down with Jane Pauley for a new interview that aired on CBS Sunday Morning on August 4. The prerecorded segment, which aired on Meghan’s 43rd birthday, discussed a new program called The Parents Network through their Archewell Foundation to support parents whose children have been impacted by traumas related to social media use. Following a two-year pilot program, the initiative is now available for parents in the U.S., U.K. and Canada.

During the interview, Pauley asked Meghan about her decision to open up about her own thoughts of self-harm. In March 2021, the Duchess of Sussex said in a sit-down with Oprah Winfrey that she “just didn’t want to be alive anymore.”

Meghan, who has previously spoken about “bullying and abuse that I was experiencing on social media and online,” told Pauley that she recognized the “through-line” between her experience and that of children affected by harmful situations they encounter on the internet.

When you’ve been through any level of pain or trauma, I believe part of our healing journey โ€” certainly part of mine โ€” is being able to be really open about it,” Meghan said. “I really scraped the surface on my experience, but I do think that I would never want someone else to feel that way and I would never want someone else to be making those sort of plans and I would never want someone else to not be believed.”

The Duchess of Sussex added, “If me voicing what I have overcome will save someone or encourage someone in their life to really, genuinely check in on them and not assume that the appearance is good so everything is OK, then that’s worth it. I’ll take a hit for that.”

As parents themselves, Meghan spoke about her desire to protect their two children, 5-year-old Prince Archie and 3-year-old Princess Lilibet, from harmful online content.

“Our kids are young โ€” they’re 3 and 5. They’re amazing,” she said with a smile. “But all you want to do as parents is protect them.”

So as we can see what’s happening in the online space, we know that there’s a lot of work to be done there, and we’re just happy to be able to be a part of change for good,” Meghan continued.

Pauley said, “You hope that when your children ask for help, someone, you know, is there to give it.”

Prince Harry, 39, chimed in, “If you know how to help.”

“At this point, we’ve got to the stage where almost every parent needs to be a first responder,” he continued. “And even the best first responders in the world wouldn’t be able to tell the signs of possible suicide. That is the terrifying piece of this.”

Meghan encouraged everyone to “look at it through the lens of ‘What if it was my daughter? What if it was my son?’ ”

“If you look at it through the lens as a parent, there’s no way to see that any other way than to try to find a solution,” she said.

The Parents Network and its “No Child Lost to Social Media” campaign ties into the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s ongoing work through their non-profit organization to provide a support network for parents dealing with grief or who have children managing mental health conditions resulting from their exposure to harmful online content

James Holt, Executive Director of The Archewell Foundation, said in a statement, “Over the past two years, alongside our co-founders Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, our team has engaged deeply with parents and young people about the repercussions of social media on their mental, physical and emotional well-being. It became strikingly clear that there is a critical need for connection and community among those who understand the pain, fear, and isolation caused by social mediaโ€™s impact on children. We believe in the transformative power of community, and that is why we have created this network โ€” to connect those who face these challenges and offer mutual support.โ€

The subject was the focus of the Archewell Foundation’s first in-person event in October 2023, where the couple spoke at a panel in New York City. The event, which took place on World Mental Health Day, brought together families affected by loss connected to a childโ€™s social media use to discuss the urgency of greater online safety.

Meghan and Harry also expressed their support following the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee’s hearing on online safety for children in January. In a statement published on the Archewell Foundation’s website, they said, “We applaud the bravery and determination of the thousands of parents around the country whose advocacy resulted in this hearing. Over the past few years, we have spent time with many of these families, listening to their heartache and their hopes for the urgent change that is needed in the online space.

This is an issue that transcends division and party lines, as we saw today at the Senate hearing. The best parenting in the world cannot keep children safe from these platforms. As one of the fathers shared with us: โ€˜If love could have saved them, all of our children would still be here.’ This is not the time to pass the buck of responsibility. Itโ€™s the time to make necessary change at the source to keep our children safe.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES39 minutes ago

BREAKING: Senate Votes 68โ€“32 to CONVICT โ€” President Trump REMOVED, REFUSES to Accept Verdict! Washington, D.C. โ€” The chamber fell into a silence so heavy it seemed to press down on the marble itself. When the final tally appeared on the board โ€” 68 to convict, 32 to acquit โ€” there was no roar, no gasp, no release. Just a stillness that signaled history had pivoted, whether anyone in the room was ready for it or not. Moments later, the presiding officer announced the result. President Donald J. Trump was removed from office.

CELEBRITIES2 hours ago

โ€œT.R.U.M.P WHITE HOUSE SLAMS ANTI-ICE STATEMENT โ€” TAYLOR SWIFTโ€™S 13-WORD RESPONSE STOPS EVERYTHINGโ€ see moreโคต๏ธ

CELEBRITIES8 hours ago

“๐Ÿ’ Congratulations to Travis Kelce & Taylor Swift โ€” NO LONGER A RUMOR: NFL superstar Travis Kelce and pop icon Taylor Swift said โ€œI doโ€ last night in a wedding that had fans and A-listers alike buzzing with excitement. The couple, whose romance has captivated headlines since they went public in , exchanged vows in a lavish ceremony attended by some of the biggest names in sports and entertainmentโ€ฆ WATCH MORE:

CELEBRITIES8 hours ago

๐Ÿšจ House Setback Reveals Growing GOP Divisions Over Tariffs and Investigations โšก A key procedural vote failed in the House, opening the door to renewed debate over Trump-era tariff powers. Several Republicans broke with party leadership, signaling deeper internal disagreements. At the same time, scrutiny around trade policy and related investigations is intensifying โ€” with high-stakes votes likely ahead.

CELEBRITIES9 hours ago

๐Ÿ›‘ BREAKING: The UK is refusing to let the U.S. use British military bases โ€” including RAF Fairford and the strategic Diego Garcia facility โ€” for potential strikes on Iran, citing legal concerns about being drawn into a war without clear justification.

CELEBRITIES13 hours ago

1 MIN AGO: Trump SCREAMS as Judges WALK OUT Mid-Trial โ€” Courtroom ERUPTS in CHAOS! The courtroom was built for order. It ended in noise.

CELEBRITIES14 hours ago

๐Ÿ”ฅ BREAKING: A SHARP LATE-NIGHT MOMENT SHIFTS THE TONE AS Donald Trump URGES THE COUNTRY TO MOVE ON โ€” BUT DISCUSSION OF THE Jeffrey Epstein FILES QUICKLY REIGNITES ONLINE BUZZ โšก

NFL17 hours ago

Former Prince Andrew, the brother of King Charles III has been arrested on charges related to Epstien. Mark this post once the Pedo-protecting administration is out of power, justice will be coming forTrump and his cronies.

CELEBRITIES19 hours ago

๐ŸšจBREAKING: Former Prince Andrew has been ARRESTED after an Epstein Investigation.

CELEBRITIES22 hours ago

BREAKING: Top European prosecutor drops the bomb: โ€œAmericans will hail us as liberators the moment our subpoenas rip open every Trump-Epstein email and bank record โ€” and expose Trumpโ€™s central, filthy role in the sex-trafficking and money-laundering nightmare.

CELEBRITIES22 hours ago

BREAKING: The Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trumpโ€™s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

๐Ÿšจ TRUMP BLINDSIDED BY $100 BILLION BRIDGE SCANDAL โ€” CARNEY’S EXPOSร‰ REVEALED โšก๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ In a shocking political rupture overnight, reports emerged of a meeting between the owner of the Ambassador Bridge and the U.S. Commerce Secretary just before President Trump’s threat to block the Gordie Howe International Bridge. This publicly funded project, designed to ease billions in annual cross-border trade, now faces questions over potential private influence on policy. U.S. lawmakers are demanding records amid concerns for trade stability and infrastructure agreements with Canada. The internet canโ€™t stop talking… catch the full explosive clips before they disappear!…..๐Ÿ‘‡ Full details โคต๏ธโคต๏ธ

Copyright ยฉ 2024 UKtalkin