Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Miss King Charles’ Second Trooping the Colour After Not Being Invited

Published

on

 

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were once again absent from Trooping the Colour.

 

 

King Charles marked his second official birthday celebration and parade as monarch on June 15, but his younger son and daughter-in-law were missing from the festivities in London.

 

 

PEOPLE confirmed earlier this month that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had not been invited to Trooping the Colour for the second year in a row.

Prince Harry, 39, and Meghan, 42, stepped back as working members of the royal family in 2020 and relocated to her home state of California, where they now live with their two children, their 5-year-old son, Prince Archie, and 3-year-old daughter, Princess Lilibet.

While Prince Harry has been a regular at the staple of the royal calendar since childhood, the couple attended the event three times together following their royal wedding in 2018. Just a month after tying the knot, Meghan made her Trooping the Colour debut. They also took part in the event together the following year in 2019, just weeks after Archie’s birth.

 

 

Trooping the Colour was significantly scaled down in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, held for Queen Elizabeth at Windsor Castle without a large gathering of family members.

Prince Harry and Meghan traveled from California to the U.K. for the event in 2022, which kicked off the Platinum Jubilee celebrations marking the late Queen’s 70 years on the throne. However, they did not take part in the procession or the balcony appearance as they did in previous years. Queen Elizabeth limited the balcony gathering to only working royals and some of their children, so Harry and Meghan watched the festivities from a room above Horse Guards Parade along with other non-working royals.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex haven’t been in the U.K. for Trooping the Colour since his father acceded to the throne in Sept. 2022.

Prince Harry most recently returned to his home country in May to celebrate 10 years of the Invictus Games, a Paralympic-style competition for veterans and service personnel. However, Harry did not reunite with his father due to King Charles’ “full” schedule. The father and son last saw each other in February when Harry flew to London to see the King amid news of the monarch’s cancer diagnosis.

This year’s Trooping the Colour saw Kate Middleton making her first royal outing since Christmas amid her cancer diagnosis. The Princess of Wales rode in a horse-drawn carriage and stepped out on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the event.

Princess Kate’s attendance at King Charles’ birthday parade was confirmed the day prior as she released a new photo and personal letter featuring a health update. After undergoing abdominal surgery in January, she announced in an emotional video released on March 22 that she’d been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy.

“I’m looking forward to attending the King’s Birthday Parade this weekend with my family and hope to join a few public engagements over the summer, but equally knowing I am not out of the woods yet,” she said in the June 14 message.

The Princess of Wales said in her June 14 message that she is “starting to do a little work from home” and expressed a “hope to join a few public engagements over the summer,” but no date has been set for her to fully return to her royal duties. Any outings in the near future will be based on when she feels able and under the guidance of her medical team

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES22 minutes ago

HE EPSTEIN FILES ARE FINALLY UNREDACTED AND THE SHOCKWAVES ARE TEARING THROUGH THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT AS WE SPEAK. A bipartisan group of lawmakers has just gained access to three million explosive documents that were previously hidden from public view, revealing a web of lies that stretches directly into the current administration. We are witnessing the immediate fallout of long-buried secrets coming to light, including evidence of secret meetings and private island visits that certain power players swore never happened. This isn’t just a legal development; it is a total collapse of the carefully constructed narratives that have protected the elite for decades. See the full article ⤵️

CELEBRITIES54 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS — Poll Shows Strong Bipartisan Support for Releasing Epstein Files. what’s fueling the surge for transparency and Reason why Washington can’t ignore this anymore… Read More ⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 hour ago

🚨 BREAKING: The former president is facing renewed pressure after Ted Lieu publicly raised fresh questions surrounding the handling of materials connected to Jeffrey Epstein. During remarks that quickly spread online, Lieu stopped short of making direct legal accusations but pointed to what he described as gaps, inconsistencies, and unanswered issues that deserve transparency. The framing was deliberate—focused on oversight and public accountability rather than sensational claims—yet the impact was immediate. This isn’t a courtroom ruling—it’s a political spotlight moment. When a member of Congress calls for deeper scrutiny, it can reignite conversations that never fully disappeared. Now the key question: will this lead to formal action—or simply intensify the debate already unfolding in public view? 👇👇

CELEBRITIES2 hours ago

Breaking: The Supreme Court just ruled that Trump’s tariffs are illegal, immediately striking them down.

CELEBRITIES2 hours ago

Mark Carney: The U.S. is witnessing a controlled demolition of its 70-year dominance!! While Trump insults our alliances, Canada is building a STRONGER future with Europe!! Washington didn’t see it coming, and now they’re scared!! Raise your hand if you want to support Canada’s new path🤚

CELEBRITIES13 hours ago

🚨 U.S.–CANADA WATER TENSIONS? OTTAWA SIGNALS SOVEREIGNTY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE 💧🇨🇦🇺🇸 Amid ongoing trade and resource discussions, speculation surfaced about U.S. interest in expanded access to Canadian water resources. Canadian officials responded clearly: water sovereignty is not on the table. Ottawa emphasized that freshwater management is tied to national security, environmental policy, and long-term climate planning — and would not be subject to external control. While no formal proposal for “control” has been confirmed, the exchange highlights how strategic resources are becoming more sensitive in cross-border negotiations. For Canada, the message was firm: core natural assets remain a domestic decision. Full story 👇

CELEBRITIES13 hours ago

Senator Chris Murphy: Republicans are not willing to do anything, so for now, Trump and his friends will get away with their crimes. But the rule of law is COMING BACK. When it does, everyone who has traded government favors for cash are going to JAIL. Do you agree with Chris Murphy?

CELEBRITIES15 hours ago

A rapidly circulating petition calling for Melania Trump’s deportation to Slovenia has gained significant attention across multiple platforms. Supporters describe it as a symbolic protest against the Trump family’s political influence, with signatures reportedly surging within hours of its launch…

CELEBRITIES15 hours ago

Sanders Wins Every Democrat And 2 GOP Votes To Recover $75B And Reverse Medicaid Cuts

CELEBRITIES15 hours ago

UPDATE: U.S. Senators Formally Invoke 25th Amendment, Call for President Donald Trump’s Removal from Office

CELEBRITIES18 hours ago

BREAKING: Senate Votes 68–32 to CONVICT — President Trump REMOVED, REFUSES to Accept Verdict! Washington, D.C. — The chamber fell into a silence so heavy it seemed to press down on the marble itself. When the final tally appeared on the board — 68 to convict, 32 to acquit — there was no roar, no gasp, no release. Just a stillness that signaled history had pivoted, whether anyone in the room was ready for it or not. Moments later, the presiding officer announced the result. President Donald J. Trump was removed from office.

CELEBRITIES19 hours ago

“T.R.U.M.P WHITE HOUSE SLAMS ANTI-ICE STATEMENT — TAYLOR SWIFT’S 13-WORD RESPONSE STOPS EVERYTHING” see more⤵️

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin