Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Greatest Hits Radio presenter Ken Bruce refuses to play Taylor Swift songs on his show until ‘she writes something that isn’t about her ex-boyfriends’.

Published

on

 

Ken Bruce has declared he will not play Taylor Swift songs on his show until ‘she writes something that isn’t about her ex-boyfriends’.

The 73-year-old broadcaster took his PopMaster Quiz show from the BBC to Greatest Hits Radio last year and attracts 3.8 million weekly listeners.

 

 

But he will not bend to Taylor Swift mania and play the 34-year-old’s music.

He told The Mail on Sunday: ‘All her songs are the same. I’ll play her on my station when she writes something that isn’t about her ex-boyfriends. Great radio songs have three beats and then they’re straight into the song, not these long intros that she does.

We’re a 70s, 80s and 90s radio show as our core audience is older.’

His comments come as the Shake It Off singer left the UK for the European leg of her $1 billion Eras Tour before she returns for five more shows at Wembley Stadium in August.

Ms Swift’s arrival in the UK earlier this month transfixed the nation, with Scotland renaming a loch after her and Capital FM dedicating an entire station to her music.

 

But Mr Bruce has conceded only to playing very short clips of her music occasionally on his PopMaster Quiz show to maintain a variety of genres.

He said: ‘For our audience, we do 70s, 80s and 90s music. We do early noughties and 2010s – not very many – but we expect people to know things from recent and current music, only the biggest names though.

‘We do ask questions from the 50s as well and 60s. Our core audience on Greatest Hits Radio is older so they’ve got to be able to answer most of the questions.’

Mr Bruce revealed on air last year that he was leaving Radio 2 after three decades, saying that although he ‘loved working at the BBC’ he wanted ‘to try something else’.

But his show was axed a month early after it became ‘essentially free advertising’ for his new position on rival Greatest Hits Radio.

He now presents the pre-lunchtime 10am slot on GHR and has increased his audience from 2.2 million a week to 3.8 million.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES3 hours ago

🚨 TRUMP ON EDGE — “They’ll Impeach Me Again!” His warning sends waves through D.C. as Democrats clash over strategy. ⚖️ Will they focus on impeachment or America’s economy? 💬 Drop your opinion in the comments now! #PoliticalStorm #ImpeachmentTalk #FBTrending

CELEBRITIES6 hours ago

🚨 BREAKING: It wasn’t a quiet gathering — it was a surge of voices that quickly drew national attention. Large-scale protests calling for impeachment have erupted in multiple locations, placing renewed political pressure on Donald Trump as demonstrators demand accountability. Notably, organizers framed the events around constitutional process rather than partisan spectacle. While some critics describe the demonstrations as politically motivated, participants insist their concerns center on governance and oversight. Analysts say the scale and coordination of the protests — more than any single slogan — is what has intensified the conversation. This wasn’t just about turnout — it was about momentum. In today’s political climate, sustained public demonstrations often signal broader undercurrents within the electorate. As images circulate and reactions ripple across media platforms, many are watching closely to see whether these protests translate into formal action — or remain a powerful symbolic statement. 👇

CELEBRITIES7 hours ago

🚨 JUST IN 🇨🇦🇺🇸 🚨Canada is planning to halt purchases of U.S. defense systems, including the F-35, THAAD, and Golden Dome, and instead pursue domestic production or cooperation with China, the EU, and Sweden. U.S. could face losses of up to $100 billion in defense deals tied to the move.

CELEBRITIES14 hours ago

JUST IN: Stephen Colbert Launches $750 Million Federal Lawsuit Against FCC and Donald Trump in Punitive and Compensatory Damages , Accusing Trump of Orchestrating Brazen Censorship and a Direct Assault on Press Freedom and Free Speech by Forcing CBS to Pull Interview with Texas Senate Hopeful James Talarico

CELEBRITIES15 hours ago

UPDATE: Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens…. Full details ⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

““BEATEN, BEATEN — PAY NOW!” – Jason Kelce Sues Pete Hegseth and Network for $50 MILLION After Shocking On-Air Attack Read more⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

Epstein’s former accuser alleges the existence of recordings that she says could force Donald Trump to step down from office, a claim that has sparked renewed scrutiny and debate around Epstein’s network and its connections.

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

America has lost a titan in the struggle for civil rights and racial justice. From his days at the side of Dr. King, to his moral leadership in this century, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. spent his life pushing our nation closer to its own ideal. As we pray for his family and loved ones, we should also mark his passing by recommitting ourselves to the vision of a fully free and just society.

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

🚨 CANADA LINES UP NEW FOOD BUYERS AS TRADE TENSIONS RISE 🌾🇨🇦🇺🇸 Amid renewed U.S. trade pressure, Canada has moved to diversify its agricultural exports — securing alternative international buyers and reducing exposure to potential disruption. Rather than waiting on negotiations, Ottawa accelerated outreach to global markets, a shift analysts say strengthens Canada’s leverage while stabilizing domestic producers. Investors are watching closely. Market strategists note that when food supply chains move, capital moves with them — and diversification tends to outlast political flare-ups. What began as a threat may now be speeding up a longer-term realignment in North American agriculture. Full story in comments 👇

NFL1 day ago

REPORT: The Supreme Court Blocks Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

🚨 Trump Faces Public Humiliation as Court Orders Seizure of His Properties In a shocking legal development, Federal Judge Arthur Engoron has authorized the seizure of Donald Trump’s most prized properties, including Trump Tower, to satisfy a $464 million judgment. This unprecedented court order comes after Trump’s repeated refusal to post the required appeal bond. With the potential liquidation of his properties, including his iconic Manhattan real estate, the stakes for Trump’s business empire and political future have never been higher. In this video, we break down the legal implications, Trump’s defiant response, and how this massive legal setback could affect his 2024 campaign and legacy. 👉 Full story ⤵️

CELEBRITIES2 days ago

JUST IN: Taylor Swift’s Bold “No Kings” Message to Donald Trump on Presidents Day Sparks Nationwide Debate and Social Media Frenzy.

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin