Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

BREAKING NEWS 🚨‼️ His Holiness, Pope Francis,has been fightîng pneumonia, early stage Kidney Failure and a complex lung infectîon since February 14 🥶 The 88-year old Pope is calling on all Christians world wide to pray for him 🙏

Published

on

 

Pope Francis is still in critical condition but has not had any “further respiratory cris[e]s,” the Vatican said Sunday, after the 88-year-old leader of the Catholic Church was reported Saturday to be in critical condition following his week-long hospitalization for a lung infection.

The Vatican reported earlier that Saturday “night passed quietly” and “the pope rested,” as quoted by the Associated Press, also saying Francis is conscious and tests were still being conducted.

 

 

Francis is still on supplemental oxygen and tests showed “initial, mild” kidney failure, the Vatican said, according to the AP, but doctors said the situation is under control and the pope is alert and “well-oriented.”

The pope’s “prognosis remains reserved,” the Vatican said, as quoted by the AP, not making predictions on Francis’ potential recovery given “the complexity of the clinical picture, and the necessary wait for drug therapies to provide some feedback.”

Francis has also received blood transfusions following tests that indicated a condition associated with anemia, the AP reported, and doctors expect he will remain hospitalized through the next week.

The pope’s medical team previously said Friday his condition is not life-threatening, but that he is “not out of danger.”

Crucial Quote
The Vatican released an Angelus statement from Pope Francis on Sunday, in which the pope remarked on the upcoming third anniversary of the war in Ukraine and thanked the public for their messages of support about his hospital stay, asking people to “pray for me.” “I am confidently continuing my hospitalization at the Gemelli Hospital, carrying on with the necessary treatment; and rest is also part of the therapy!” Pope Francis said, as translated by The Vatican. “I sincerely thank the doctors and health workers of this hospital for the attention they are showing me and the dedication with which they carry out their service among the sick.”

The pope has pneumonia in both lungs, as well as bacterial, viral and fungal infections, according to his doctors. His doctors have given him supplemental oxygen when necessary, and they are treating him with a drug therapy they say Francis is responding to. Doctors also prescribed Francis “absolute rest,” and several of his public events have been canceled. Doctors have said the primary threat to Francis’ health would be the onset of sepsis, a serious condition that could arise from pneumonia complications, though Francis has not shown signs of sepsis so far.

Francis, 88, has led the church as pope for 12 years since his election in 2013. Francis has been hospitalized several times in recent years, including one hospital stay in July 2021 for a narrowing of his large intestine, and another in 2023 for bronchitis. Francis has chronic bronchitis and a history of respiratory issues.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES2 hours ago

““BEATEN, BEATEN — PAY NOW!” – Jason Kelce Sues Pete Hegseth and Network for $50 MILLION After Shocking On-Air Attack Read more⤵️

CELEBRITIES3 hours ago

Epstein’s former accuser alleges the existence of recordings that she says could force Donald Trump to step down from office, a claim that has sparked renewed scrutiny and debate around Epstein’s network and its connections.

CELEBRITIES4 hours ago

America has lost a titan in the struggle for civil rights and racial justice. From his days at the side of Dr. King, to his moral leadership in this century, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. spent his life pushing our nation closer to its own ideal. As we pray for his family and loved ones, we should also mark his passing by recommitting ourselves to the vision of a fully free and just society.

CELEBRITIES5 hours ago

🚨 CANADA LINES UP NEW FOOD BUYERS AS TRADE TENSIONS RISE 🌾🇨🇦🇺🇸 Amid renewed U.S. trade pressure, Canada has moved to diversify its agricultural exports — securing alternative international buyers and reducing exposure to potential disruption. Rather than waiting on negotiations, Ottawa accelerated outreach to global markets, a shift analysts say strengthens Canada’s leverage while stabilizing domestic producers. Investors are watching closely. Market strategists note that when food supply chains move, capital moves with them — and diversification tends to outlast political flare-ups. What began as a threat may now be speeding up a longer-term realignment in North American agriculture. Full story in comments 👇

NFL9 hours ago

REPORT: The Supreme Court Blocks Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens⤵️

CELEBRITIES9 hours ago

🚨 Trump Faces Public Humiliation as Court Orders Seizure of His Properties In a shocking legal development, Federal Judge Arthur Engoron has authorized the seizure of Donald Trump’s most prized properties, including Trump Tower, to satisfy a $464 million judgment. This unprecedented court order comes after Trump’s repeated refusal to post the required appeal bond. With the potential liquidation of his properties, including his iconic Manhattan real estate, the stakes for Trump’s business empire and political future have never been higher. In this video, we break down the legal implications, Trump’s defiant response, and how this massive legal setback could affect his 2024 campaign and legacy. 👉 Full story ⤵️

CELEBRITIES14 hours ago

JUST IN: Taylor Swift’s Bold “No Kings” Message to Donald Trump on Presidents Day Sparks Nationwide Debate and Social Media Frenzy.

CELEBRITIES15 hours ago

BREAKING: Kristi Noem’s Department of Homeland Security is on the brink of a department-wide shutdown as no spending package has been passed. Good, just shut it down!!

CELEBRITIES21 hours ago

Recently, social media posts and popular online threads have claimed that an alleged victim associated with Jeffrey Epstein has come forward saying recordings exist of former U.S. President Donald Trump that would be so damaging they would force him to resign from office. These posts, including widely shared threads on Reddit, have circulated with high engagement and comments suggesting various theories about what such “tapes” might show — but they are unverified claims without confirmed sources or evidence from mainstream reporting or released legal documents. Official news reporting on the Epstein files — the vast trove of documents, photos, and videos recently being released by the U.S. Department of Justice — does confirm that the files contain references to Trump and his past relationship with Epstein, including emails and mentions in documents. However, the Justice Department itself has said that many sensationalist claims about Trump in these files are unfounded or unverified, and there has been no credible confirmation of explicit “tapes” of Trump that would compel resignation. Trump’s connections to Epstein during the 1990s and 2000s have been acknowledged in released correspondence, but nothing has been publicly verified that rises to the level of forcing a resignation. The discussions online about “tapes” are part of a broader mix of rumors, speculation, and politically charged narratives that frequently surface around both the Epstein case and Trump’s presidency. Without confirmation from respected news outlets or direct evidence from the released documents themselves, such claims should be treated as unverified and speculative, not established fact. As of now, major outlets continue reporting on the Epstein files with caution, distinguishing between documented content and unproven allegations circulating on forums and social platforms. #fblifestyle #EpsteinFiles #DonaldTrump

CELEBRITIES21 hours ago

Bill Clinton’s Potential Testimony on Trump-Epstein Ties Sparks Debate

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

TAYLOR SWIFT JUST BROKE DOWN LIVE ON TV: CALLS T.R.U.M.P “A VICIOUS OLD BASTARD BLEEDING THE UNITED STATES” OVER THE “BORN IN AMERICA” LAW….. full details ⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

🚨 BREAKING: It wasn’t a heated ambush — it was a quiet correction that shifted the tone instantly. A former White House figure appeared visibly unsettled after a reporter fact-checked his statements in real time during a public exchange, turning what began as a routine moment into a tense spotlight on accuracy. Notably, the fact-check itself was measured and grounded in publicly available information. There were no raised voices at first, no dramatic accusations — just a direct request for clarification. But as the questioning continued, the official pushed back and attempted to pivot, a reaction observers say only intensified attention on the discrepancy unfolding live. This wasn’t merely an awkward exchange — it became a credibility test. In an era where claims can be verified instantly, real-time corrections carry weight. As clips circulate and debate builds online, many are watching closely to see how moments like this shape public trust — and whether similar confrontations will become more common. 👇

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin