Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Andy Reid was asked today what does he say if women in the building come to him with players speaking ill of women in general: “Yeah that hasn’t happened I don’t think he (Butker) was speaking ill to women. He has his opinions. I let you guys (Reporters) in this room and you have a lot of opinions I don’t like.” Full Details in comment 👇👇👇

Published

on

Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid was asked Wednesday about Harrison Butker’s recent comments at a college graduation ceremony, including whether he’d talked to the kicker about his now-viral words.
Reid said Wednesday he didn’t think that he needed to address that with the eighth-year pro.

“We’re a microcosm of life here. Everybody is from different areas, different religions, different races,” Reid said, referring to an NFL locker room. “And so we all get along, we all respect each other’s opinions. And not necessarily do we go by those, but we respect everybody to have a voice. It’s the great thing about America, man. And we’re just a microcosm of that. My wish is that everybody could follow that.”

Chiefs coach Andy Reid watches drills during practice at the team’s training facility on Wednesday, May 22, 2024, in Kansas City.
Butker gained national attention following his commencement address in mid-May at Benedictine, a Catholic liberal arts college in Atchison, Kansas. During his talk, Butker spoke directly to women graduates while breaking down at one point while talking about his wife, Isabelle.

“Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world,” Butker said to the women at the ceremony. “But I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

“I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I’m on this stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation.

“I’m beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because the girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker.”

The speech has drawn both praise and criticism while focusing additional attention on the Chiefs. One reporter asked Reid on Wednesday how he was going to ensure Butker’s words weren’t a distraction for a team trying to win its third straight Super Bowl.

“The guys are good with that. They understand. They understand how things work,” Reid said, referring to his players. “Everybody’s got their own opinion; that’s what’s so great about this country. You can share those things, and you work through it. And that’s what guys do.”

Reid’s words Wednesday were his first public comments on Butker since the Benedictine speech; a satire website previously printed fake quotes from Reid that recently had gained some traction among social media sites.

When asked what he’d say to female employees of the Chiefs who might take offense to Butker’s words, Reid said he had not heard from anyone like that.

“I don’t think (Harrison) was speaking ill of women,” Reid said. “But he has his opinions, and we all respect that.”

Butker worked with Chiefs teammates Wednesday during Organized Team Activities in Kansas City. The voluntary workouts take place over the next three weeks.

The kicker’s graduation speech continued an active offseason for Chiefs headlines, as receiver Rashee Rice faces eight charges after he admitted to being a driver in a high-speed crash on a Texas highway.

Reid was asked whether he was frustrated with the number of off-field distractions in recent months.

“We don’t want those things, obviously, to happen. But things do happen, and you work through it,” Reid said. “And my thing is, it’s important that you learn from it, and that you end it. So that’s important.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES31 minutes ago

UPDATE: Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens…. Full details ⤵️

CELEBRITIES14 hours ago

““BEATEN, BEATEN — PAY NOW!” – Jason Kelce Sues Pete Hegseth and Network for $50 MILLION After Shocking On-Air Attack Read more⤵️

CELEBRITIES15 hours ago

Epstein’s former accuser alleges the existence of recordings that she says could force Donald Trump to step down from office, a claim that has sparked renewed scrutiny and debate around Epstein’s network and its connections.

CELEBRITIES16 hours ago

America has lost a titan in the struggle for civil rights and racial justice. From his days at the side of Dr. King, to his moral leadership in this century, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. spent his life pushing our nation closer to its own ideal. As we pray for his family and loved ones, we should also mark his passing by recommitting ourselves to the vision of a fully free and just society.

CELEBRITIES17 hours ago

🚨 CANADA LINES UP NEW FOOD BUYERS AS TRADE TENSIONS RISE 🌾🇨🇦🇺🇸 Amid renewed U.S. trade pressure, Canada has moved to diversify its agricultural exports — securing alternative international buyers and reducing exposure to potential disruption. Rather than waiting on negotiations, Ottawa accelerated outreach to global markets, a shift analysts say strengthens Canada’s leverage while stabilizing domestic producers. Investors are watching closely. Market strategists note that when food supply chains move, capital moves with them — and diversification tends to outlast political flare-ups. What began as a threat may now be speeding up a longer-term realignment in North American agriculture. Full story in comments 👇

NFL21 hours ago

REPORT: The Supreme Court Blocks Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens⤵️

CELEBRITIES21 hours ago

🚨 Trump Faces Public Humiliation as Court Orders Seizure of His Properties In a shocking legal development, Federal Judge Arthur Engoron has authorized the seizure of Donald Trump’s most prized properties, including Trump Tower, to satisfy a $464 million judgment. This unprecedented court order comes after Trump’s repeated refusal to post the required appeal bond. With the potential liquidation of his properties, including his iconic Manhattan real estate, the stakes for Trump’s business empire and political future have never been higher. In this video, we break down the legal implications, Trump’s defiant response, and how this massive legal setback could affect his 2024 campaign and legacy. 👉 Full story ⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

JUST IN: Taylor Swift’s Bold “No Kings” Message to Donald Trump on Presidents Day Sparks Nationwide Debate and Social Media Frenzy.

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

BREAKING: Kristi Noem’s Department of Homeland Security is on the brink of a department-wide shutdown as no spending package has been passed. Good, just shut it down!!

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

Recently, social media posts and popular online threads have claimed that an alleged victim associated with Jeffrey Epstein has come forward saying recordings exist of former U.S. President Donald Trump that would be so damaging they would force him to resign from office. These posts, including widely shared threads on Reddit, have circulated with high engagement and comments suggesting various theories about what such “tapes” might show — but they are unverified claims without confirmed sources or evidence from mainstream reporting or released legal documents. Official news reporting on the Epstein files — the vast trove of documents, photos, and videos recently being released by the U.S. Department of Justice — does confirm that the files contain references to Trump and his past relationship with Epstein, including emails and mentions in documents. However, the Justice Department itself has said that many sensationalist claims about Trump in these files are unfounded or unverified, and there has been no credible confirmation of explicit “tapes” of Trump that would compel resignation. Trump’s connections to Epstein during the 1990s and 2000s have been acknowledged in released correspondence, but nothing has been publicly verified that rises to the level of forcing a resignation. The discussions online about “tapes” are part of a broader mix of rumors, speculation, and politically charged narratives that frequently surface around both the Epstein case and Trump’s presidency. Without confirmation from respected news outlets or direct evidence from the released documents themselves, such claims should be treated as unverified and speculative, not established fact. As of now, major outlets continue reporting on the Epstein files with caution, distinguishing between documented content and unproven allegations circulating on forums and social platforms. #fblifestyle #EpsteinFiles #DonaldTrump

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

Bill Clinton’s Potential Testimony on Trump-Epstein Ties Sparks Debate

CELEBRITIES2 days ago

TAYLOR SWIFT JUST BROKE DOWN LIVE ON TV: CALLS T.R.U.M.P “A VICIOUS OLD BASTARD BLEEDING THE UNITED STATES” OVER THE “BORN IN AMERICA” LAW….. full details ⤵️

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin