Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Prince William Recalls Emotional Childhood Memory with Prince Harry in First Public Mention of Brother in Years

Published

on

 

Prince William is revisiting one of the most impactful moments of his childhood — a powerful experience he shared with his brother, Prince Harry.

 

 

In the Prince of Wales’ upcoming two-part documentary (airing on Oct. 30 and 31 on ITV in the U.K.), titled Prince William: We Can End Homelessness, the royal offers a unique, in-depth look his five-year Homewards program, which aims to demonstrate that homelessness across the U.K. can be eradicated

In a newly released clip from the documentary on Oct. 26, William reflects on how his late mother, Princess Diana, first introduced him to the issue of homelessness by taking him and Harry to The Passage, a U.K. charity supporting those experiencing or at risk of homelessness.

“My mother took me to The Passage; she took Harry and I both there. I must have been 11 at the time, maybe 10. I had never been to anything like that before, and I was a bit anxious about what to expect,” William says in the clip, which is believed to be his first public mention of Harry in several years.

He goes on to describe Diana’s natural way of easing everyone’s nerves.

“My mother went about her usual, making everyone feel relaxed, having a laugh and joking with everyone,” he says. “I remember at the time kind of thinking, ‘Well, if everyone doesn’t have a home, they’re all going to be really sad.’ But it was incredible how happy an environment it was.”

Reflecting on the experience, William says, “I remember having some good conversations, playing chess, chatting and that’s when it dawned on me that there were other people out there who don’t have the same life as you do. You know, when you’re quite small, you just think life is what you see in front of you and you don’t really have concept to look elsewhere. It’s when you meet people, as I did then, who put a different perspective in your head and say, ‘Well, I was living on the street last night,’ and you’re like, ‘Woah.’ I remember that happening.”

Prince William has served as patron of The Passage since 2019. Since his first visit to the charity alongside his brother, Harry, he’s returned on several occasions.

In a 2017 interview with Newsweek, Harry also opened up about the experience, saying, “”My mother took a huge part in showing me an ordinary life, including taking me and my brother to see homeless people. Thank goodness I’m not completely cut off from reality. People would be amazed by the ordinary life William and I live.”

William’s comments come amid ongoing strain between the brothers. It’s been widely reported that tension between Harry and William began in 2016 after William expressed concerns about how quickly Harry was moving in his relationship with Meghan Markle. In 2020, Harry and Meghan announced that they were stepping back from their royal roles.

The last time the brothers appeared together was in August at their uncle Lord Robert Fellowes’ memorial service. However, they reportedly did not interact with one another there.

Sources previously told PEOPLE that Harry’s attempts to connect with William — through texts, calls, and messages — have been ignored.

The rift with Prince William is “very bad,” a royal insider said, but it’s not “irreparable.”

William’s documentary, which airs on Oct 30 and 31, will follow him as he launches Homewards across the U.K., as well as the journeys of those currently facing homelessness or who have lived experience of the issue. The documentary will also feature well-known advocates of the program, alongside those leading individual projects across the U.K.

The Royal Foundation has described Homewards as “a five-year program that aims to demonstrate that it’s possible to end homelessness by working with six locations across the UK to put collaboration at the heart of the response.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES1 hour ago

Meghan Markle is shaken as Samantha threatens to provide proof that Lili is actually Ashleigh’s biological daughter ….Full story below👇👇

NFL2 hours ago

Breaking News: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Welcome Baby Boy: A New Chapter Begins…😮😲 In a heartwarming turn of events, global pop sensation Taylor Swift and NFL superstar Travis Kelce have reportedly welcomed their first child together—a baby boy—marking the beginning of an exciting new chapter for the high-profile couple. Sources close to the pair confirmed the news earlier today, sending fans into a frenzy of celebration across social media and beyond. Full story..👇👇👇

CELEBRITIES2 hours ago

No McDavid, no problem as Edmonton Oilers make a statement in Vegas

CELEBRITIES4 hours ago

BREAKING: Tom Brady Slams Jason Kelce and Kylie Kelce on Fox News for Parading Their Newborn Daughter Finn Anna Kelce During Episodes of ‘New Heights with Travis Kelce’ and ‘Not Gonna Lie’ Barely Days After Kylie Gave Birth

CELEBRITIES5 hours ago

Unable to hide it, Harry livestreams to reveal the illness he has been diagnosed with in the U.S.: “My wife has kept it from you, but in reality, I am undergoing treatment for…” See more below 👇👇👇

CELEBRITIES8 hours ago

Fox News has reported that U.S. President Donald Trump has officially divorced his wife, Melania Trump, and introduced America to its new First Lady. The announcement came during a press briefing at the White House, where Trump, flanked by senior advisors, confirmed that his divorce from Melania had been finalized…See More👇

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk Officially Banned from All coming Games After Kansas City Chiefs Announcement for This Reason……😮 In a move that has left the sports world buzzing, the Kansas City Chiefs have officially banned billionaire Elon Musk from attending any of their future games and here is how Elon musk reacted by…see full articles here

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

BREAKING : Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Welcome Baby Boy: A New Chapter Begins… In a surprising yet heartwarming twist, global pop icon Taylor Swift and NFL superstar Travis Kelce have welcomed their first child together—a baby boy—despite never tying the knot. The couple, whose whirlwind romance has captivated fans and media alike, confirmed the news in a joint statement, expressing their joy and excitement for this new chapter, see 10 adorable baby photos and See full article👇👇

CELEBRITIES2 days ago

BREAKING NEWS: Taylor Swift has urgently been rushed to the hospital after a

CELEBRITIES2 days ago

Congratulations To The Kelce Family They Welcomed Their Fourth Daughter Today Finnley “Finn” Anne Kelce♥️💛

CELEBRITIES2 days ago

BREAKING: The whole Gymnastics World shed tears and prayed for Simone biles after a HEARTBREAKING announcement ….😟 See more 👇

NFL2 days ago

BREAKING: NFL Fans shed tears and prayed for Travis Kelce after a HEARTBREAKING announcement ….😟

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin