Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

Simone Biles’ mom reveals what she prays for while watching her compete

Published

on

 

 

On June 15, Simone Biles will fight for her place on her third Olympic team.

And after her U.S. Championship performance, Biles is expected to be front and center leading America to even more Olympic gymnastics medals in Paris starting the last week of July.

 

 

 

Now, Biles’ mom, Nellie, who adopted Simone when she was 6 years old, is opening up about her talented daughter, who will go down as one of the most legendary gymnasts of our time.

The Simone that I know is a young adult that I admire,” Nellie told Today. “She knows what she wants.”

 

 

 

Nellie, and Biles’ father, Ronald Biles, adopted Simone and her younger sister Adria out of foster care. Ronald is Simone and Adria’s biological grandfather.

It was after moving from Ohio to Texas that Simone discovered her love of gymnastics. And Ronald and Nellie have been by Simone’s side every step of the way.

Biles has acknowledged her parents time and time again throughout her incredible journey. She recently reiterated just how much she admires them in a recent news conference.

 

 

 

And as Nellie told Today, “it means a lot” to hear how much their support means to their daughter. “I feel like we have done the right thing. And, so, yes, we did something right in her life.”

But when it comes to watching their daughter compete, Nellie admits that while she couldn’t be more proud of her daughter, she also can’t wait until her routines are over.

Like many moms, watching their child perform a dangerous sport at the highest level isn’t for the faint of heart.

 

 

 

“All I’m thinking about and praying for is that she stays safe and that she ends that routine,” Nellie admitted to Today while explaining what it’s like to watch Biles during her meets. “I could hardly wait for it to be over with.

Despite the worry Nellie feels while watching Biles compete, Nellie also admits there is no place she’d rather be than in the stands supporting her girl.

The important thing is to be there for Simone and making sure that she understands that her family is there giving her full support,” she said to Today. And unlike Tokyo, there is no way she’s going to miss being in the stands in Paris next month.

“And I am going to be really happy and probably shedding a few tears just because I’m going to be so emotional.”

Three years ago, Biles family couldn’t attend the Tokyo Olympics due to COVID-19 restrictions.

 

 

Biles’ second Olympic run was cut short after she fell ill with the “twisties” making it impossible for Biles to compete her dangerous and difficult routines that are filled with twists and flips safely.

Nellie told Today “it was devastating” being so far away from their daughter during that time.

My words to Simone was, ‘Don’t do it. Don’t feel like you need to push yourself because that’s the last thing I need is to see you injure yourself on television and I’m not going to be there.,” her mom told Today.

Now, Nellie and the rest of the family is gearing up for Paris.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES1 hour ago

JUST IN: Stephen Colbert Launches $750 Million Federal Lawsuit Against FCC and Donald Trump in Punitive and Compensatory Damages , Accusing Trump of Orchestrating Brazen Censorship and a Direct Assault on Press Freedom and Free Speech by Forcing CBS to Pull Interview with Texas Senate Hopeful James Talarico

CELEBRITIES2 hours ago

UPDATE: Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens…. Full details ⤵️

CELEBRITIES16 hours ago

““BEATEN, BEATEN — PAY NOW!” – Jason Kelce Sues Pete Hegseth and Network for $50 MILLION After Shocking On-Air Attack Read more⤵️

CELEBRITIES16 hours ago

Epstein’s former accuser alleges the existence of recordings that she says could force Donald Trump to step down from office, a claim that has sparked renewed scrutiny and debate around Epstein’s network and its connections.

CELEBRITIES18 hours ago

America has lost a titan in the struggle for civil rights and racial justice. From his days at the side of Dr. King, to his moral leadership in this century, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. spent his life pushing our nation closer to its own ideal. As we pray for his family and loved ones, we should also mark his passing by recommitting ourselves to the vision of a fully free and just society.

CELEBRITIES19 hours ago

🚨 CANADA LINES UP NEW FOOD BUYERS AS TRADE TENSIONS RISE 🌾🇨🇦🇺🇸 Amid renewed U.S. trade pressure, Canada has moved to diversify its agricultural exports — securing alternative international buyers and reducing exposure to potential disruption. Rather than waiting on negotiations, Ottawa accelerated outreach to global markets, a shift analysts say strengthens Canada’s leverage while stabilizing domestic producers. Investors are watching closely. Market strategists note that when food supply chains move, capital moves with them — and diversification tends to outlast political flare-ups. What began as a threat may now be speeding up a longer-term realignment in North American agriculture. Full story in comments 👇

NFL22 hours ago

REPORT: The Supreme Court Blocks Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens⤵️

CELEBRITIES23 hours ago

🚨 Trump Faces Public Humiliation as Court Orders Seizure of His Properties In a shocking legal development, Federal Judge Arthur Engoron has authorized the seizure of Donald Trump’s most prized properties, including Trump Tower, to satisfy a $464 million judgment. This unprecedented court order comes after Trump’s repeated refusal to post the required appeal bond. With the potential liquidation of his properties, including his iconic Manhattan real estate, the stakes for Trump’s business empire and political future have never been higher. In this video, we break down the legal implications, Trump’s defiant response, and how this massive legal setback could affect his 2024 campaign and legacy. 👉 Full story ⤵️

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

JUST IN: Taylor Swift’s Bold “No Kings” Message to Donald Trump on Presidents Day Sparks Nationwide Debate and Social Media Frenzy.

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

BREAKING: Kristi Noem’s Department of Homeland Security is on the brink of a department-wide shutdown as no spending package has been passed. Good, just shut it down!!

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

Recently, social media posts and popular online threads have claimed that an alleged victim associated with Jeffrey Epstein has come forward saying recordings exist of former U.S. President Donald Trump that would be so damaging they would force him to resign from office. These posts, including widely shared threads on Reddit, have circulated with high engagement and comments suggesting various theories about what such “tapes” might show — but they are unverified claims without confirmed sources or evidence from mainstream reporting or released legal documents. Official news reporting on the Epstein files — the vast trove of documents, photos, and videos recently being released by the U.S. Department of Justice — does confirm that the files contain references to Trump and his past relationship with Epstein, including emails and mentions in documents. However, the Justice Department itself has said that many sensationalist claims about Trump in these files are unfounded or unverified, and there has been no credible confirmation of explicit “tapes” of Trump that would compel resignation. Trump’s connections to Epstein during the 1990s and 2000s have been acknowledged in released correspondence, but nothing has been publicly verified that rises to the level of forcing a resignation. The discussions online about “tapes” are part of a broader mix of rumors, speculation, and politically charged narratives that frequently surface around both the Epstein case and Trump’s presidency. Without confirmation from respected news outlets or direct evidence from the released documents themselves, such claims should be treated as unverified and speculative, not established fact. As of now, major outlets continue reporting on the Epstein files with caution, distinguishing between documented content and unproven allegations circulating on forums and social platforms. #fblifestyle #EpsteinFiles #DonaldTrump

CELEBRITIES1 day ago

Bill Clinton’s Potential Testimony on Trump-Epstein Ties Sparks Debate

Copyright © 2024 UKtalkin